Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 31 December 2007

Well, this must be my final Christmas post (2008 tomorrow) but I couldn't pass Christmas without showing you my Christmas cake with its electric street lamps that light up! It got me thinking that they would be ideal for a Narnia magic forest cake complete with wardrobe. This was my first ever Christmas cake and it was pretty good! Very moist and strongly flavoured with amaretto!!!!

6 comments:

Joanna said...

Utterly fabulous - and for a first Xmas cake ... well, that takes the biscuit ;)

Just one thing: where did you get the lamps?

Happy New Year
Joanna

Rita said...

A Happy New Year Hannah!

The cake is beautiful... like always!

Milhan said...

Genius! I love it...how much fun it must have been to see in person. And of course, anything with amaretto has to be divine...yum!

Happy New Year!

Marie Rayner said...

Lovely looking Cake Hannah! Love it and think you did a fab job for your first! All the best to you and yours in 2008. May it be filled with good health, much happiness and great prosperity!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Rosie said...

A stunning Christmas cake Hannah! I adore your street lights where did you manage to find them?

Rosie x

Amanda at Little Foodies said...

Wonderful Christmas Cake, love the little light up lamps BUT...

A Narnia magic forest cake complete with wardrobe... please, please make it!