Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 17 December 2007

My brother has arrived from America to stay for two weeks! It is so nice to see him after far too long. His new girlfriend Amy is arriving next week and we are all keen to meet her although we are hoping that meeting the family doesn't put her off him! Anyway, as if from something from We Three Kings, he arrived bearing gifts...Gold (a golden Sees Candies Christmas Hamper - we thought we had died and gone to heaven when we lifted the lid and saw the goodies inside)
Frankincense - some delicious smelling elderflower liquor with cocktail recipes - we will be trying these tonight! Oh ....and a turkey injector for injecting wine into the turkey flesh to keep it moist! Only my brother could find something like this! He bought it in Mexico! I have to say I am yet to be convinced by this but we will give it a try!

2 comments:

David Hall said...

Come and collect your award for a top post at Cerys the Well Done Angel Awards! x

Marie Rayner said...

Lovely Hannah! You are a lucky gal! I was lucky too as a friend of mine gifted me with a package of See's molasses chips, my absolute favourite See's candy. I can't wait to see what you do with that turkey injector! Congrats on the award as well!