Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 17 December 2007


Well I have now finished work for Christmas holidays - how wonderful to have a whole week and a half to get ready for Christmas. The first task was to make the swag for our fireplace - always a tricky task as it is balanced on a series of nails across the top of the fireplace rather than a shelf. Anyway, it was finally balanced and secured with a lot of wire and help from Sacha and we had lots of fun decorating it (almost like having a second Christmas tree!)

I hope that your Christmas preparations are going well and that you are having as much fun as we are!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks beautiful Hannah, I love the red wooden decorations.

Milhan said...

That swag is just lovely! I have most of my Christmas decorating done. The tree is up, the snowmen have gathered around the fireplace, the blown glass, hand painted votive holders are all out...however, I still have a scarecrow and pumpkins (half eaten by the squirrels by now) on the front porch. The only one who really ever sees them is the postman, and I don't think he cares much :) They need to be replaced with a wreath, wrapped "presents" in a little wagon, and an old sled.

Rita said...

Hi Hannah.... this is so lovely and welcoming! I can almost smell it too. :)