Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 24 December 2007

Well Christmas Eve is here and we are almost ready! As you can imagine, the last few days have seen my Aga (which is luckily mended) cooking non stop - 150 mince pies, a ginger beer roasted ham, gingerbread, 15 litres of mulled wine! The turkey is stuffed and is waiting to go in the Aga to slow cook overnight! The last few days have been lovely. We had Christmas lunch with my Dad and visited Waddesdon Manor with a crisp winter walk - I have not been there since Masterchef and it was lovely to go back and not be under any pressure!! Friday was our village carol concert which included a rendition of the 12 days of Christmas by the village junior choir (the youngest member is 4), all singing solos! They were wonderful. We currently have the "travelling crib" (a wonderful knitted nativity - complete with knitted sheep, shepherds, kings and a knitted baby Jesus in a crib) which travels round the village spending a night with most families, ending up in the Church this evening - assuming that I do not forget to drop it off!
So, as Christmas Eve is drawing to a close, I wish you all a wonderful and heartfelt Merry Christmas with much love to you all and to all your families. Wherever you are tomorrow, I hope that you will be feasting well and that Santa remembers to leave you something nice under the tree. Happy Christmas one and all xxx

5 comments:

jamjar said...

Merry Christmas to you too, I love the idea of the knitted nativity spending a night in each home in your village.

Milhan said...

Merry Christmas to you and your family Hannah. I'm so glad to have found your blog. I've really enjoyed "visiting" with you every day, and I love your cakes and recipes.

I wish you a healthy and happy holiday and a prosperous New Year.

Milhan from New Jersey :)

Rita said...

A Merry Christmas to you Hannah. Thank you for inspiring me this last few months. Love the idea of the traveling nativity scene!! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Marie Rayner said...

Merry Christmas Hannah! Hope you had a lovely and a blessed day! Looking foward to more of your goodness in 2008!
Marie
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mariealicejoan/MariesMuses/

Browners said...

Merry Christmas Hannah and the entire Miles family!

Great to see you on Christmas Eve. It was a wonderful night. I simply can't believe it's only been a matter of months.

I've posted some pictures of your lovely bread and incredible fondant fancies on my blog and they alos got onto Tastespotting too.

http://aroundbritainwithapaunch.blogspot.com/2007/12/christmas-eve-with-hannah-and-family.html

http://www.tastespotting.com/post/6919?goto#6919

Merry Christmas. Can't wait to catch up soon.

Jonathan