Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Wednesday 24 June 2009

You will recall the birdcage cake that travelled the monumental journey from Bedfordshire to Carslile in May. A few of you asked whether it made it there in one piece and I am pleased to report it did. Here is the lovely message I received from Lucy's Mum...

"I jennifer, was the recipient of the delicate expression of art displayed in the creation of my 60th birthday cake which traveled to Carlisle held by my daughter Lucy. The cake itself was delightful and melted in the mouth.The decoration of white and delicate pink lovebirds displayed a serene beauty ,which motivated compliments to flow in abundance,as it sat at a focal point during the celebrations. The birdcage,in the centre of the cake, which contained two birds appearing relaxed and peaceful which I hope is a symbol of what my future holds. Thankyou Hannah for the love,patience and care you created it with.
Jennifer"

1 comment:

Rita said...

Awwww.... that is lovely Hannah!