Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Saturday 6 June 2009

This is a wedding cake I made today for Paul and Jenny. It was a little traumatic to say the least transporting it on my lap in the car but we made there with the cake in one piece! I didn't even need the emergency decoration icing kit I took with me. You can click on the picture to see the cake in more detail. Congratulations Jenny and Paul - hope your day was extra special xxx

10 comments:

Andrea said...

There's only one word for that cake Hannah and that is WOW!

Philippa said...

That is just about the most amazing wedding cake I have ever seen! I bet they were thrilled!

Lucy said...

Wow, the cake looks gorgeous :)CRIKEY you are brave to carry it on your lap in the car!

Marie Rayner said...

What a beautiful and fun looking wedding cake HANNAH!!! I am sure the Bride and Groom loved it!

Twelfthknit said...

That's one helluva cake!

The Ample Cook said...

My goodness Hannah, that cake is stunning.

Rita said...

So much detail!!!! Wow! Fantastic Hannah!

Teena Vallerine said...

breathtaking! I love what you do with the ribbons and it looks like it is covered in jewels! t.x

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

What a stunning cake Hannah!!!

Unknown said...

Wow what an amazing cake ! They are soooo lucky to have such a wonderfully romantic wedding cake. I bet it aroused a lot of excitment!