Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 26 June 2009

I have been invited today by my friend Paula for lunch at the Manoir aux Quat' Saisons to celebrate her birthday - we are off shortly to meet a Champagne filled limosine to take us there. What a treat! As it is a special birthday - I wanted to take Paula a nice present. I always prefer to give a homemade gift on the basis that they require love and time being put into them, so this is the sampler I have made for Paula. I have charted a new poem for the sampler "In friendship's freagrant garden, there are flowers of every hue, each with its own fair beauty, bringing love and joy to you" as I thought these words fitted well with the garden and Paula is a garden designer! I also recorded our special lunch venue at the bottom of the sampler! I hope she likes it. I am working on another sampler at the moment and thought that I would show it to you in this stitching post - a red barn garden sampler from Just Nan. Although it is a long way from finished - I just love the colours and little birds and butterflies. It is progressing well as I am stitching it whilst watching Wimbledon - come on Andy Murray!

5 comments:

Teena Vallerine said...

That's the wonderful thing about hand embroidery - you can sit around all day in front of the telly and still feel virtuous! t.x

Celia Hart said...

That sounds like a great day out - very special.

The embroideries are beautiful, I love having some creative stitching to do if I'm wathing TV. Enjoy Wimbledon!

I spent yesterday afternoon baking sponge cakes for the village fete, I've now got to to do the fillings and icing - how do you do it?! I much rather be gardening or working on a complicated illustration!

Celia
x

Rita said...

Beautiful Hannah! So much time went into it!

Marie Rayner said...

I love your sampler Hannah!! It's right up my alley. I love this kind of work very much.

Tammy said...

I love doing embroidery as well. I am sure your friend would have appreciated the huge effort that went into that beautiful piece!