Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 8 June 2009

In contrast to the wedding cake which took a few hours to decorate, this was a very quick birthday cake and cupcakes that I decorated in 15 minutes yesterday (the fact that I had overslept had something to do with the speed!) With some green butter cream rapidly piped over the top and the left over decorations from the wedding cake, my ordinary toffee sponge was transformed into a garden! It goes to show that even if you don't have much time, you can still create something quite pretty! With the cupcakes baked in my new American pink cake wrappers and the little ladybirds from a shop in Vienna - these cupcakes are very "International!"

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG,that is so beautiful.I can't believe it was merely" thrown" together. It would have taken me hours to achive anything approximating that ;-)

Julia said...

Exactly what the last commenter said Hannah. Your skill never fails to astound me. These cakes are so beautifully decorated and the idea so wonderful.

Hope the book is going well x

Heatherfeather said...

The cake turned out very pretty Hannah.

Teena Vallerine said...

GASP! Oh yes. I should whip up stuff like that all the time!!!!! HAHA! Except if I did it would look more like an explosion on a compost heap! That is a MOST beautiful cake! And toffee sponge too! My favourite. YOu see - I would have to look and look and look and then eat the lot! t.x

Rita said...

B e a u t i f u l !!!!! I salute you! My birthday is ..... :)

Jules said...

Stunning. I can't believe it only took you 15 min. It would have taken me a great deal longer!

Joanna said...

I love the idea that you have an ordinary toffee sponge - how do you make it?

Love the decorations, and really loved the wedding cake, what a special way to celebrate ....

Joanna

Marie Rayner said...

Ohh, I love them Hannah, the cake and the cupcakes. Ladybirds are one of my favourite things!

Tammy said...

wow, that looks amazing!! so so pretty

Unknown said...

I have been following some food blogs as I arrange for Abel and Cole products to be sent to food bloggers and I was wondering if you would be interested in trailing some free goodies.

http://www.abelandcole.co.uk/summer-range/delicatessen


Let me know if this would be of interest to you. Please email me on Victoria@branded3.com