Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 29 June 2009

Friday's trip to the Manoir Aux Quat' Saisons was a delectable affair. Such an amazing setting - the lovely manor house nestled in amongst abundant lavender and a walled vegetable garden that supplied the restaurant. We feasted on seared tuna with melon and vodka soup, roasted pork with crackling, summer vegetable risotto and the most heavenly chocolate and raspberry dessert - quite the nicest thing I have eaten in a long time and imagine my excitement when the dish arrived at the table and there was a gilded raspberry as decoration - just like the ones I made at the photoshoot for my book! Either Raymond Blanc is a follower of this blog (unlikely) or great minds think alike!!!! Anyway if it is good enough for "Le Manoir" it is definitely good enough for me! Thank you Paula for a wonderful day out xxx

4 comments:

Rita said...

Beautiful setting and mouth watering dishes. Glad you enjoyed it Hannah. What a pity the lavender doesn't bloom all year round - so pretty!

The Ample Cook said...

I would absolutely love to have dinner and stay there. I'm afraid it's a little out of my reach. What a lovely friend you have.

jofin said...

I won a day at the cookery school, dinner and a night in the hotel, a couple of years ago.
One of the most enjoyable experiences ever! It's a beautiful place isn't it,

Marie Rayner said...

What a delightful meal and experience Hannah! You're so lucky. The food looks fabulous!