Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 19 June 2009

Last night I was searching through the files of photos on my computer with a friend as she wanted a picture of her children for a father's day card. We stumbled across the sample pictures of the cakes and cookies from the book and boy there were soooo many of them - 365 to be precise! It is easy to forget how much work went into that book. We then found this photo and it made us both laugh out loud so I thought I would share it with you. This was a weekend when I had made so many cakes that we ran out of homes for them and so the chickens had the biggest treat of their lives! I promise they do not eat like this all the time!

5 comments:

Rita said...

Hannah, this can be the front cover for another book! :)

Celia Hart said...

LOL! that is a great photo! It would make a fantastic birthday card.

Our hens are enjoying the strawberry season - they get the slug nibbled berries, and there are plenty of perfect berries left for us. Phoebe in particular gets so excited at 'Strawberry supper time' :-) And of course the fruit gets recycled into eggs!

Celia

Anonymous said...

What a great photo! Lucky chickens!


snowy

Katie said...

What a great photo! Your chickens must be developing very gourmet tastes :)

Teena Vallerine said...

So, were the eggs chocolatey? I mean - gotta be worth checking! Those poor chickens - how did they ever cope going back to grits and worms after that! (I hope the picture it made it into the book!) t.x