Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Wednesday 24 June 2009

I was not expecting anything in the post yesterday. A large brown envelope arrived from London and I opened thinking it was the proof reading for the Sundae book. However inside lay an even nicer surprise - the advanced copy of my cake book! Seeing all the recipes together in an actual book brought memories of all the hard work flooding back and I shed a few tears of happiness at the achievement in my hands! You will have to wait a few months yet before it goes on sale but I thought you might like a sneak preview of Gregg Wallace's lovely foreword and my acknowledgments as you readers get a mention! Click on the photos to enlarge! There are a few more pages of the book on Duncan Baird's website - click here for a link.

12 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

I, for one, can't wait to get my hands on your book! It looks like a real cracker!! xxoo

Rachel L said...

Wow, Hannah - your creation in PRINT!! Many congratulations, it's a huge achievement and well deserved. And as for the foreword - just sums it up beautifully, but still so great that he said it! I've never met you but I'm so proud of you and can't wait to buy my copy xx

David Hall said...

Well done Hannah, and a foreword from Mr Spanky too, good on ya! x

Teena Vallerine said...

What a lovely foreword! No wonder you shed a few tears! Can't wait to get my copy on order at the library! Now, about all these cakes you like to bake for people you meet - does that extend to blog readers? Shall I send my address? (actually the postie would probably snaffle it!) t.x

Devon Polytunnel said...

My copy is already on pre-order from Amazon - I've read your column in Country Kitchen since it started, but am new to your blog, and just wanted to say what a pleasure it is to be able to catch up with you regularly now, and how much I enjoy the high quality pictures you post.

ps. Using some of your recipes for a barbie we're hosting on Saturday!

Rita said...

Well done Hannah! I saw my name ... thank you ... that was very kind for the little that I did!

May it inspire MANY to take up the art, and the skill of baking!

Koekkener said...

This is a very excellent article. Thank you for sharing.

Heatherfeather said...

Congratulations Hannah! I really want a copy of your book - I am so sad that I will no longer be in England when it is finally on the shelves. Hopefully I will be able to get ahold of it in the US too. Good job and yay .. it is almost here!

The Ample Cook said...

Oh how wonderful Hannah. I'm so pleased for you. It must be thrilling to receive something that is the reult of all your hard work and passion. You deserve it.

Tammy said...

fantastic!! I cant wait until your book is available in New Zealand!

Vic said...

I can't wait to buy your book. How exciting to see it in print!

Well done.

Anonymous said...

Meanwhile in Indonesia, especially in Java, leech oil is commonly used for enlarging the sizegenetics of any male vital organ. It's believed that massaging your penis using warm leech oil for around 10 minutes daily will increase penis sizegenetics permanently. Leech oil is made by cooking the leech and other herbs inside fresh green coconuts that are boiled over charcoals. While there are a number varieties of leeches (a majority of them don't feed on human's blood, surprisingly), similar to Greek and Indian therapy, the Javanese only use the Hirudo medicinalis over other species.
http://sizegenetics-reviewx.tumblr.com/