Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 3 September 2010

Like many women I'm sure, to me a car is usually just a colour. I am completely useless at makes of car. This blog is also not a place to talk about cars but I will make one exception to this to introduce you to our new little "baby" who arrived late last night after Sacha had picked her up - a shiny red Karmann Ghia (see look I even know the make - a sure sign that it is true love). At 39 years old the car is even older than me. It is to be our car for pootling out on picnics, and going to country pubs and air shows (how very decadent!) I can't wait for the weekend to go for a drive. Any name suggestions for the little car gratefully received! Thanks to my Uncle Geoff for going in my place with Sacha to look at the car before we bought it - you chose well!

10 comments:

Rose H (UK) said...

Beautiful Car!
She has to be called Carmen surely?

Carys Jones said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carys Jones said...

Hannah I think she looks like a Hetti. A very British sounding name is needed to reflect the decadent countryside journey's she will be making with you! I will see what Rhys' suggestion is when he's home from school. Carys x

From Beyond My Kitchen Window said...

What a fancy little car. The color is perfect...Hey, I bet she really prrrrrs when she gets going. Maybe you should call her Kitty.

Carys Jones said...

Rhys is now home and after much thought he likes Matilda and Mertle! So many choices, keep us posted with the name.

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Your car is beautiful! I think I'd name her "Ruby" she looks like she could be very seductive and she looks like she likes to have fun! Hmmm . . .

Rita said...

First name that comes to mind is "Lily" :) Cute car!

freerangegirl said...

Hi Hannah- your car is so cool, I think she looks like a Miranda to me, a Karmen Miranda of course!

Celia Hart said...

Now you need some 1971 vintage clobber to wear, a melamine picnic set and a little Phillips transister radio.

And freerangegirl got there first - I was about to suggest (Karmann) Miranda!

Celia
x

cheap kitchens said...

Awesome car , i really like it and it has beautiful colour also and i think she has to be called metal solid car! because it's shine like metal and looking so solid.