Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 17 September 2010

It has been a bit of a mad week! Sadly I can't say why (I have been sworn to secrecy) but you will get to know in a while and believe me it will be worth the wait for any Masterchef fans! I have also been busy testing gluten free recipes (which so far have been really good and Lucy is enjoying tasting them all) and last night gave a cookery demonstration to the WI. I am soooo glad it is Friday. I finally managed to prise the pictures of Maren's birthday tea from Steven Wallis this week so here they are - it was a very english affair. Lots of bunting and china tea cups and dainty pink meringues and a huge number of cakes. My favourites were the tea cup cakes in the teacup silicon moulds. Poor Maren was meant to be coming to stay today but is poorly so has had to cancel her trip. Such a shame - Get Well Soon Maren xxxx

4 comments:

sadie said...

lovely piccies. Should be in Country Living magazine :o)

ooh, what a tease. Looking forward to finding out what you've been up to.

have a lovely weekend, hope your chum is feeling better soon. x

Scarlett said...

what a lovely blog-I've just discovered it and will be coming back!!

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Oh, how I would have loved to have been invited to your garden party! Looked like a fabulous time!

Lucy @ Smallest Smallholding said...

Oh how very English! Love the scene, love the look of the food, too. We're big on afternoon teas in our family so definitely approving of the pictures. Am intrigued to find out what the secret is all about, too!