Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 13 April 2007



Spring is definitely here and everything is coming to life in our garden. I really must do some gardening soon although no time this weekend as my lovely brother Gareth is coming to visit from America for his birthday. Busy planning lots of nice things to cook him and I guess I might make him a birthday cake if he is good! He missed the whole of Masterchef so looking forward to watching a few of the programmes with him!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha don't remind me about the gardening I'm so behind with mine this year... I have a great many trees in my orchard (apple and cherry mostly) and over the winter the strong winds have blown twigs everywhere... I can see I will be spending weeks picking up all the pesky little sticks!

Anonymous said...

I am SUCH a fan of yours and I am really pleased that you have a blog. Your work is beautiful and inspired and I adored you on Masterchef.
Perhaps you'd like to join in on a little seasonal food blogging event that myself and two other british foodbloggers are running? You can find the deets at my blog.
If you can then great, if not then it's great to find your blog and I look forward to your next post.

Cherry Menlove

Anonymous said...

Oh Hannah! I watched you on Master Chef and was so hoping you would win! I was a bit dissappointed when you didn't because I thought you were the best, but never mind I am sure the cosmos still has wondeful things in store for you. I work as a private chef as a family. Check out my page sometime. I would be honored.

Anonymous said...

grree...I meant as a private chef FOR a family here on a country estate...what can I say...I was dazzled at finding your blog, it made me tongue tied!

Angie said...

Saw a link to your blog on Marie's and, having had a very quick look I'll be back soon. Well done. Sorry you didn't win Masterchef, you were by far the best.