Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 16 April 2007


Here's a very simple recipe for a lovely summer cocktail (although I can drink it at any time of the year!) In a large jug, simply mix amaretto (how much depends on how strong you want the drink to be - I normally use about half a bottle) with a carton of cranberry juice and a carton of orange juice. Top up with ice and slices of lemon and lime. Perfect for a sunny day in the garden!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hannah - check out the GreatBigVegChallenge blog when you have a moment.
Thank you very much for the card which was a big treat for Freddie as he was at home with tonsilitis and needed cheering up.
Does Gregg have a website of his own - or a contact - he might be amused..
Charlotte

Anonymous said...

That looks quite delicious. I think it's an excellent picture. Pictures of liquids such as beverages and soups are very hard to take, so well done!

Rowan said...

I've only just discovered your blog quite by chance. I can only say that I am really looking forward to exploring it properly. I shall have to try to ignore the recipes as I'm trying to lose weight - with some success:)- so for the moment I shall just have to feast my eyes on the pictures. I shall be visiting on a regular basis from now on. The cocktail sounds delicious and the photograph is lovely - so summery looking.

Anonymous said...

What an ingenious idea