Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Thursday 26 April 2007


I love this time of year when the wisteria comes out and our house is covered in a purple swathe of flowers. It makes sitting on the bench in front of our house perfect as the air is heavily scented with the perfume of the flowers. This is a far cry from the snowy picture of our cottage that I posted a few weeks ago and it amazes me that so much can change in such a short space of time.

6 comments:

Rowan said...

Your cottage is really lovely, I love the look of a thatched roof.

Anonymous said...

Such a lovely cottage; my husband and I were looking at buying one when we first got married a few years ago, but I was worried about the fire risk of the thatch (I'm paranoid!) So we opted for a stone cottage of the same era instead! I still have a soft spot for them though.

Anonymous said...

Oh gosh, you have my cottage! I have wanted a thatched cottage for as long as I can remember! Lucky you!

Kim @ Home Is Where The Heart Is said...

This is my first visit to your blog...and I love it! Your home is just lovely.

I must say that I gotten extremely hungry looking at all of the lovely desserts...I have a weakness for all things sweet!

Maggie said...

Pure chocolate box!

Glenna said...

absoluely beautiful! I'm so jealous