Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Tuesday 24 April 2007


I was lucky enough to have a ticket last night to the World's 50 Best Restaurant awards at the Science Museum in London. This is probably the food world equivalent of the Oscars and I have never been in a room with so many amazing chefs from all around the world - people who have completely inspired me over the years and whose cook books I drool over. Top spot went to El Bulli, Ferran Adria's amazing restaurant in Spain, closely followed by Heston Blumenthal (who said he had been watching Masterchef!) and Pierre Gagnaire in third spot. The highlight for me was seeing Michel Roux Jr again who suggested that I come and spend some time cooking at La Gavroche and also meeting Skye Gyngell of Petersham Nurseries (whose cookbook "A year in my garden" is my all time favourite - if you haven't got it go and buy it now!!!) who also invited me down to spend some time cooking at the nurseries. The full 50 list can be found here http://www.theworlds50best.com/2007_list.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like great fun, you never know you; might be winning awards there next year *finger crossed*