Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 7 September 2009

This weekend, I helped my friend Jess make a cake for her Mother in Law's birthday. We were pleased with the result - very flowery and pink! We got round the fire risk hazard of the ribbons and flowers catching fire on the cake by putting the candles in a separate pot of flowers which made a really nice table display. The cake itself was almondy - with ground almonds, flaked almonds, almond butter and buttermilk, doused in Amaretto and covered in almond buttercream!

7 comments:

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

What a lovely, lovely cake. SO pretty!

Heatherfeather said...

How beautiful your cake looks!

The Curious Cat said...

Wow that is one impressive and highly beautiful cake - I think I'd be rather bowled over if I ever got a birthday cake like that - fit for a wedding! xxx

Rita said...

I would be to sorry to cut it! Beautiful!

Marie Rayner said...

Hannah, that is one beautiful cake!! I think anyone would be rather impressed to get one of your cakes. I know I would!

The Ample Cook said...

Stunning Hannah. I bet she was thrilled.

Naomi Knill said...

Not only a beautiful cake Hannah, but it also sounds absolutely delicious...a veritable almond-fest! I can't think of any other cake I'd rather eat right now!

Is there a recipe lurking somewhere on your blog...?