Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 14 September 2009

After a lovely ladies lunch over in Suffolk on Thursday (My popping candy pannecotte sundae went down very well!) I came back to judge the Sharnbrook village show confectionery class at Saturday. It is always so much fun and Caroline, my steward, always makes me feel so welcome. After an hour and a half of tasting I was completely full! My favourites this year were an apple and strawberry jelly that had the perfect wobble and I would love to have taken home to spread on my toast and some crisp ginger biscuits - I wonder if the entrant noticed that 1 1/2 of their biscuits were gone - they were do delicious that Caroline and I couldn't stop munching them! These were the yummy chocolate brownies, Victoria sponges and jars of jelly that I tried!

4 comments:

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Hannah
I received your book in mail this past week and I love it!
You did a wonderful job and there are several recipes I will be trying.
Tracy :)

Stately As Two Galleons said...

It's a tough job but somebody's gotta do it. Glad you had such a lovely day, Hannah.
:o)

By the way, are you excited about the new series of SCD? Any chance that 'dainty cupcake' will visit the message boards this year?

Rita said...

I agree ... tough job!! :)

Teena Vallerine said...

You see that's what I admire here! Self-less attention to duty without a thought for your own needs. Marvellous. Such self-sacrifice - next time just shout and I'll come and help - no trouble at all - don't mention it - happy to help! t.x