Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Tuesday 1 September 2009

This weekend has largely been a wash out due to a wasp sting - oh it has been so painful and my foot swelled up to enormous proportions!!! Three whole days later and I can finally feel my foot again. Nasty wasps! I just about managed a photo shoot for Country and Town House of a prawn and squash risotto. As we were taking the photo, we were joined by a very interested peapod (obviously tempted by the prawns) who tried her hardest to snaffle one but we stopped her just in time!

3 comments:

The Curious Cat said...

Beastly wasps! They are just horrendous aren't they? There was a good article on them in the Guardian recently that compared them to party goers who knew they only had a month left to live at this time of year so they get drunk and go wild now their work is done...

Your Peapod is cute - but naughty! I bet she would have enjoyed the prawn! xxx

Rita said...

Oh, I am so sorry to hear this Hannah! Hope you will have a good week!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about that wasp sting. It can be real painful.

Watching MC, I've noticed that risotto is served a lot in restaurants in England.
I've never made or eat it. I would like to try it out. There seem to be many kinds of risotto. Which one should I try as a beginner ?

Your risotto looks wonderful and appetizing. No wonder your Peapod was tempted.:o)

Sheƫra