Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Thursday 24 September 2009

Sacha requested peanut cookies this week, so I had a little experiment. They were quite different with the cornflake crunchy bits and very morish

Peanut Cookies
Preparation time 15 minutes Cooking time 12 -15 minutes
Makes 15

115g/4oz butter, softened plus extra for greasing
115g/4oz light brown sugar
1 heaped tbsp peanut butter
1 egg yolk
100g/3½oz plain flour, sifted
60g/2oz peanuts
1tsp baking powder
100g/3½oz dark chocolate, chopped
55g/2oz cornflakes

Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/375°F and grease and line two baking trays. Using a mixer or whisk, mix together the butter, sugar, peanut butter and egg yolk until light and creamy. Add the flour,peanuts and baking powder and whisk again. Add the chocolate and cornflakes and bring the dough together with your hands. Pull off 15 small balls the size of walnuts and place on the baking trays with a gap between each cookie. Press each cookie down with your fingers. Bake for about 12 - 15 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.

4 comments:

Rita said...

I am going to try it very soon! Will make them for a conference next week ... only 40 people. :) Thanks Hannah!

Poppy Loves said...

Those. Look. Delicious.

charlotte at Great Big Veg Challenge said...

can i request something.
I think sacha gets too many chances to chose cake.
I am full of envy.

Anonymous said...

Looks nice & yummy. i mostly search for foods or cookies so i have got a nice place. i bought some delicious food through peapod free delivery & save huge amount. its really great. i will must try these cookies as soon as possible.