Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Thursday 19 February 2009

Some weeks are just way too busy - this is one of those weeks. In addition to trying to proof read the book (I am so slow and it feels like I will never get to the end at the moment), I have two magazine deadlines today and rather than being organised and getting them done in advance, I have of course, Masterchef-style, left everything to the last minute. Yesterday evening saw some frantic apple and gingerbread muffins and potato and rosemary bread and this morning by 7.30 I had cooked rack of lamb with a spring bean salad. I had to drop the baskets of cloths, plates and the dish to Jess who very kindly does the photos for Country House before I started work at 8am. What a rush but at least I have got everything done and it feels a relief to be sitting at my desk. I have a meeting here at 9am and I am wondering whether my colleagues will think it strange that the house smells of roast lamb at 9am in the morning!!!

7 comments:

Stately As Two Galleons said...

Blimey, how do you do it?

You've still got fifteen minutes before your colleagues arrive. Surely that gives you plenty of time to whip up a batch of cookies to disguise the smell of lamb AND change out of the Wonder Woman outfit?

;o)

Hannah said...

Oh Stately - that made me laugh out loud! They are getting the left over ginger muffins and I have sprayed some left over christmas room spray to mask the smell of lamb!!! I DEFINITELY don't own a wonder woman outfit!!!

Are you suffering from SCD withdrawal symptoms? We are and Dancing on Ice is just not the same

Stately As Two Galleons said...

I'm missing SCD and the message boards terribly (and share your views on DoI), however I got to enjoy it vicariously as one of my colleagues went to the live show at Newcastle Arena and another group from work saw Anton & Erin at the Sage, Gateshead.

I feel a bit guilty - I've been following your blog for just over a year now, drooling over your beautiful food, but I think all my comments have been about dancing or kittens. *blush*

I'm from David Hall's neck of the woods and am a regular lurker on his blog too but, sadly, I know nothing of his views on latin or ballroom.

The Ample Cook said...

Well done you! And a lawyer - how on earth do you do it Hannah?

By the way, I'm curious, what happens to the food once it's been photographed?

Lucy said...

Wow that sounds busy! I was still asleep by the time you had done all that! You are extremely hardworking :)

Milhan said...

I wouldn't mine the smell of roast lamb at 9:00 in the morning! I love lamb :)

Well done, you put me to shame.

Rita said...

Hope you will got the roast lamb back for supper! :) Amazing!