Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 27 February 2009

Pick Me Up Cookies
These cookies do just as the name suggests - offer an instant "sugary lift" to those in need of some t.l.c. Next time someone you know is feeling a little down, why not bake them a batch of these cookies, wrap in a clear platic bag with a ribbon. Your friend will be thrilled to know you care enough to bake for them and is sure to feel much better.
Preparation time 10 minutes cooking time 10 -12 minutes
Makes 15
175g/6oz butter
200g/7oz cream cheese
115g/4oz dark muscavado sugar
225g/8oz self raising flour
55g/2oz cruched amaretti biscuits
55g/2oz shredded coconut
100g/3 1/2 oz plain chocolate chips
200g/7oz white chocolate toblerone, chopped into chunks (or white chocolate if you do not have white chocolate toblerone)
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190F/375C and grease and line two baking trays. In a mixing bowl cream together the butter, cream cheese, sugar and flour using a whisk until you have a light and creamy mixture. Stir through the amaretti biscuits, coconut and both chocolates. Place tablespoonfuls of the mixture into the trays and bake for 10 - 12 minutes until the cookies are golden brown. Allow to cool for a few minutes on the tray then transfer to a cooling rack using a spatula.

3 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Those cookies sound utterly delicious Hannah! What a wonderful combination of flavours!

Rita said...

Wow ... this looks like a winner!

Alex said...

Perhaps I'm being selfish but I think I'd probably eat the lot myself!