Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 20 February 2009

I take no creative credit for these cute little cookies. I saw them in Germany with Maren when I was there a few weeks ago and thought that I just had to try and make them myself - and they worked!!! These cookies would be perfect for a children's party - threaded with red liquorish boot laces for extra decoration.


Cinnamon Buttons
Preparation time 10 minutes, baking 10 - 12 minutes
Makes 15
55g/2oz caster sugar
115g/4oz butter
250g/6oz plain flour
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp milk
Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4/350F/180C. Cream together the butter and caster sugar with a whisk until light and creamy. Add the flour, cinnamon and milk and bring together with your hands to form a soft dough. On a flour surface, roll out the dough to 1/2 cm thickness and cut out 15 round circles. Transfer to a lined baking sheet. Use a slightly smaller round cutter to make an indent inside each cookie - take care that you don't cut all the way through though. Make 4 holes - I used a 1cm round icing nozzle which worked well, but you could use a skewer if you don't have an icing nozzle. Bake for 10 - 12 minutes until the cookies are golden brown.

13 comments:

Joanna said...

BRILLIANT as ever, Hannah :)

Joanna

Lucy said...

Aww they are gorgeous - what a lovely idea :)

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

These are just too cute Hannah!!

Browners said...

Absolutely brilliant. I just love this.

Alex said...

Adorable!

(You could have kept their origin secret, we'd never have guessed!)

Rita said...

Cute idea Hannah!!

Rita said...

Cute idea Hannah!!

Rita said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Celia Hart said...

Brilliant!


Celia
x

Marie Rayner said...

Ohh I have seen these cookies before, but yours look brilliant! Well done you Hannah!! (but then again, I'd expect nothing less from you!)

Livet i Fattighuset said...

Fantastic! I love it.

The Wandering Pit said...

These biscuits are definitely as cute as a button!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, must try these! Lovely!