Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 1 August 2008

Testing recipes for the book is now in full swing. I don't think I had really anticipated quite how much work there is in cooking 365 recipes! I know I am fast in the kitchen, but certainly not fast enough to test all the recipes single handedly and I have drafted in some help. The whole village is turning cake or cookie mad! I have to say that so far there has not been a problem finding people to test the samples. I took baskets of cakes to church at the weekend and work meetings are now pleasant affairs with cakes piled high. I just hope that people don't expect this level of service after the testing has finished! I will not be baking cakes again in a while I imagine!




6 comments:

Lucy said...

Everything in those photos looks scrumptious! I am insanely jealous of the people in your village - they are very lucky!

Anonymous said...

Yep I agree Lucy . Shame I am not nearer . When are you hoping to have the book published Hannah ? Susan

coeliac said...

Hi Hannah
You are currently on the Food Channel in South Africa again - they seem to have Masterchef on a permanent loop here!!

Marie Rayner said...

Oh Yum! I, for one, shall be first in line to buy the book when it comes out!

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

If you need a volunteer for the tasting, just give a shout ;-)

Shell said...

I so wish you could send me some of your sample of all those cakes and cookies. They look so good!!!