Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday, 29 August 2008

Whilst I have been cooking, Sacha has continued with our woodland clearance project and has done an amazing job. It is clear enough now that we have a gardener coming in early September to plant woodland grass seed and lots of bulbs - I can't believe that very soon it will feel like a proper part of our garden. We have invested in two hammocks - strung on adjoining trees they make a perfect spot for relaxing and were money very well spent! With both of us lying there it feels as it we are pirates sleeping on a ship (OK sometimes my imagination runs away with me I know!). I am convinced that it would be a good idea to sleep outdoors in them although I am yet to persuade Sacha. There is a lovely view over head of trees and sky and I could happily spend hours and hours gazing up.

4 comments:

Marie said...

Hannah, there is no more beautiful feeling on earth than being able to relax in a hammock, and look up through the canopy of trees overhead to a wonderful summertime sky!!! Lucky you! I think your garden will be so breathtakingly beautiful next spring when all the bulbs are coming up. How wonderful!

Rita said...

Oh this is lovely Hannah! I can just imagine how wonderful it will be in the Spring with the flowers and the new leaves coming out.

Living on the Spit said...

That is going to be such a wonderful oasis for relaxation. BTW, I loved your recipe for the roast pork!!!! Yum-o. I love visiting your site.

BilboWaggins said...

I am very impressed, and not a little envious. Clearing our own Fangorn Forest is taking rather longer (grin).