Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Tuesday 25 March 2008

Yesterday my hens laid 9 eggs - one each! It is the first time I have been able to identify each of their different eggs and see the full range of colours!

9 comments:

Celia Hart said...

How beautiful!

Celia
x

William Leigh said...

what a lovely range of colours. I bet they tasted incredible.

Julia said...

How lovely! You're so lucky to be able to have your own hens.

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

Cute!

Shell said...

The eggs look so beautiful!! That is a lovely picture. Ooh, and the tigger cake looks scrumptious!!

Marie Rayner said...

BEEEE-OOO-TIFUL!!! How wonderful. I miss having my own hens. Somehow I don't think the boss would approve of us having them here on the Estate though . . . *sniff *sniff

Rita said...

Pretty eggs.... methinks your hens deserve corn covered cupcakes. :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome. The colours are wonderful, thanks for sharing this.

Hannah said...

The Girls (Magpie, Black rook, Pavlova, Meringue, Lavender, Cerys, Bluebell, Martha and Mabel) have asked me to pass on their thanks to all of your for your lovely comments on their eggs - particularly the suggestion of corn cupcakes! A recipe for the future perhaps. Today they are feasting on plums and some left over apple cake, hot porridge and some pasta - no wonder their eggs are so large!
Lots of love to you all

Hannah
xxx