Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 26 March 2007



I had a lovely day yesterday at the Stagsden Farmers Market and Craft Fair - signing lots of autographs (something that I still haven't got used to!) It was really warm and sunny and finally feels like Spring has arrived.

The market was held at the farm of my favourite butchers, Browns of Stagsden. Browns were huge supporters of mine throughout Masterchef and provided lots of free bones that I used to make my stocks during the competition. Their pork and cracked black pepper sausages are the best! We had filmed there for the final programme but they were sadly edited out. If you are in the area, I definitely recommend a visit.

The fair was full of local producers - something I am very much in favour of supporting. The highlight for me was meeting a local beekeeper who is going to teach me about keeping bees - this has been a long term dream of mine and it might now become a reality! I can think of nothing nicer than having a cupboard full of jars of my own cottage honey and a lovely white beehive in our orchard!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Hannah, having seen a photograph of your cottage, the aga and now this fantastic market, it almost feels for me here in the Netherlands as if you live in a fantasy England (you know the kind of fantasy England that you see in films like Notting Hill, The Holiday etc) and it is soooo lovely to realise that it really excists!!

Thanks! Erica

More To Life Than Shoes said...

Hi Hannah

We at There's More to Life Than SHoes think you are really inspirational.

We would love to interview you for our site.

Check out our site theresmoretolifethanshoes.com and let us know if you want to get involved as a Woman of the Week

Nadia x

Anonymous said...

hi hannah

it was good to meet you at stagsden, hope you enjoy the herby salt, i am trying out some new ideas with pepper this week, which should be fun

we would very much like you to visit our farmers market at the forest centre, marston moretaine, beds on easter sunday (8th april) any time between 10am till 2pm
just let me know if you can come

regards

val

Anonymous said...

sorry forgot to say you can contact me on Gardenfriendsveg@aol.com

val