Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 1 April 2011

Earth to planet Hannah...Earth to planet Hannah...is there anyone out there? Yes is the answer - I have not disappeared but I am snowed under with recipe testing at the moment. I don't think I have mentioned it but in addition to my Milkshake book I am also writing a book of "Sweetie Pops" - yummy cakes and biscuits and sweet treats on sticks. Baked alaskas and jam tarts and profiteroles as well as some cute decorated cakes and biscuits! I have just reached the half way stage in recipes - 37 done, only 33 more to go (what a relief). These are some little carrot cakes I made last week with piped icing leaves and fondant carrots. This is now my 7th book which is still quite hard for me to comprehend - 7 books!!!! - if you had told me this when I was on Masterchef I would never have believed it! The book is being published by Anness and should be out later this year or early next year - will keep you posted!

3 comments:

Susan said...

As my hubby would say " Now what are you going to do after breakfast " ?

Well done . Susan xxx

Unknown said...

You are a wonder. I hope one day you'll tell me how you do it!

Tricia said...

So pleasing to the eyes and definitely pleasing to taste. Love it!