Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 19 November 2010

Having done 8 cookery demos in the last 7 days, I am understandably feeling a little frazzled and am so glad it is Friday! Just Birmingham NEC next Wednesday (do come say Hi if you are at the Good Food Show) and then I will be able to relax! The third part of my gluten free book has had to take a back seat for the last week or so but baking resumed again before work this morning. I am now feeling all festive as there is a yummy warm spiced stollen loaf cooling in the kitchen. It gave me the perfect excuse to use the present my Mum gave me earlier in the week - a stollen pan - did you even know such things existed? I didn't! You fill the pan with dough and then invert it onto a baking sheet so that as the dough rises and bakes, the pan rises on top of the loaf giving the stolen its traditional shape. I wasn't expecting it to work too well with the gluten free dough (as it is very sticky and unkneadable) so imagine my delight when I took it out of the oven and it looked like a proper loaf. Thanks Mum for the lovely present and hurrah for being back on track with the book - only 17 more recipes to go - the end is in sight!

2 comments:

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Just checking in to say hello! It's been a few weeks since my last visit, and I see you've been very busy! Can't wait to see the new book! Have a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

Herzlich Willkommen in unseren Sex-Community.


Der Sex-Community gibt dir eine Möglichkeit el chat und natürlich vieles mehr,sicherlich auch Flirt und Sextalk
Hier im besten Sex-Community erwarten dich el chat erotische Rollenspiele
Suchst du Heiße Live Chats , mit Sicherheit bist du hier genau richtig.Gut,auf was wartest du?
sexuelle Vorlieben websexychat ,schnell anmelden .
Du suchst jemand aus Tessin, vieleicht in Mönchengladbach, oder Erlangen , vieleicht aus Illnau-Effretikon, oder in Enns? Bestimmt ist da jemand dabei.!