Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Sunday 20 July 2008

Today was Gareth and Amy's engagement tea party - how very English! Amy today learned how to make a cucumber sandwich - perhaps this will now catch on in the States!
The strawberry tree was a success and managed to stay upright despite the wind.
My Aunt (pictured below) made a lovely sunflower flower arrangement which made a stunning centrepiece and decorated the tent with icy swags and pink and green lanterns. It all looked so pretty! Mum had made delicious strawberry scones and I had made enough cake to feed an army! All the cakes were test recipes for the book and they all have the seal of approval - even the chocolate chilli cake! Washed down with glasses of strawberry punch, we all had a lovely afternoon, despite the English weather! Gareth and Amy were given matching T Shirts from one of their friends which said "Help, I'm in debt" "and Engaged" - a very apt present if you are followers of their blog


5 comments:

Beth (jamandcream) said...

Strawberry tree looks fantastic. Good job you don't live in Cornwall, it was so windy here today, I think it would have landed up on the floor!!

Rita said...

Excellent Hannah!! Wish I was there to taste all the cakes! :) Someone send me a "chocolate cake in a mug" and I will pass it on to you as soon as I translated it. Thought this is something you would enjoy too. I do have to try it out though.

Browners said...

Congratulations to Amy and Gareth! How exciting!

Milhan said...

The party looked so lovely - especially that strawberry topiary! I'm glad that it was a success.

Gareth Miles said...

Thank you so so much Hannah!

The day was just perfect. Amy and I really appreciate all the effort that went into making it truly memorable.

G x