Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Thursday 17 April 2008

My favourite (and perfectly me) purchase in New York was this new cupcake book - Hello Cupcake! The ideas in it are fantastic and if you are going to buy one cake book this year, it just has to be this one! The fish bowl cake is my favourite - it had never occurred to me to decorate cakes on their side to use as a flat upright surface - very clever indeed. My other purchase in New York was a set of 100 icing nozzles so I can't wait to get over my jet lag and try them out on some of these new cupcakes!

6 comments:

aforkfulofspaghetti said...

Hilarious - I love those shaggy dog ones!

Vida said...

Hannah, my pre-order of that very book arrived in the mail early this week and I kept thinking everyday, "I must write to Hannah about this book, she would love it" and now you have saved me the trouble, sort of... I knew you would appreciate it as much as I... I think my favourite is the meat balls ala Ferro Roche, it's a win win with that one!!! Vida x

Vida said...

I totally mispelt that sorry, Forrero Roche (I think)... I always think of Little Britain when I say Ferrero Roche... he must be doing well!!! Vida x

Rita said...

Again.... I am so jealous!!! :)

Happy baking Hannah!

Sylvie said...

What a great looking book. I'm just useless at decorating cakes or so I say because I have never seriously tried.

Marie Rayner said...

That looks like a great book. I have looked at it on Amazon before. Those are some really cute ideas. I love the fish bowl!