Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Tuesday 30 October 2007


Well the day has finally arrived when our new hen pen is finished and fox proofed. My red and white coup (painted by yours truly) is ready and I am going to collect our new hens after work! It is not an ideal time of year for getting new hens but having used 49 eggs last weekend I really need them. I have managed to find some that are hopefully laying so in a day or two, I should have fresh eggs again! All very exciting and I really hope that these new hens will be as friendly as our last ones.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is that where i'll be staying at Xmas? Is it warm?
Gareth

David Hall said...

Hannah, they would have to be super hens to produce the amount of eggs you use!! Can't wait to see pics and hear about them.

x

Celia Hart said...

How exciting! and what a wonderful little house they've got - lucky hens! Don't worry if they lay an egg tomorrow then stop for a few days - they might already have an egg on the production line (it takes 24 and a bit hours to make an egg!) and then the worry of moving house delays the next egg starting. Sensitive things, hens!
Looking forward to seeing the photos of them moving in!

Celia x

PS: You'll be spending all your tea breaks talking to the hens! :)

Vida said...

That is the cutest house, it looks like a kids cubby house... Vida x

Marie Rayner said...

Ohh, what a lovely coop! You shall have very lucky chickens indeed!