Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 7 September 2007

Today is a non foodie post (sorry!) but I just wanted to share with you this picture of my brother as I love it! Although we are similar in a lot of ways, this picture sums up the differences between us. I am a country girl, I love being at home, I have hundreds of wicker baskets and am very settled. My brother on the other hand is a nomad and is always travelling. Rather than wicker baskets, this is him at the wicker festival in the Nevada desert last week - he looks like such a free spirit particularly with the rainbows in the background. There is no way I would be able to cope in the middle of a hot desert for a whole week as he did, with nothing to buy except ice cubes and coffee! He loved it...I on the other hand, loved looking at the photos!! Have a good weekend everyone xxx

3 comments:

Figs, Bay, Wine said...

That's a fabulous photo. I just posted my Droolworthy Blogger nomination if you'd like to check it out. Thanks again for thinking of me - it was extremely kind of you!

Marie Rayner said...

Wouldn't be my cup of tea either!!! Your brother looks a great adventurer. Fantastic photo!

SusanM said...

or mine but hey that is what makes the world such a great place --differences