Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 19 March 2007



I love my Aga. Before we moved to our cottage I had never experienced cooking on a Aga and it took a while to get used to but now I wouldn't be without it. It keeps our kitchen lovely and warm, bread can be proved really quickly and clothes dried on it. There is nothing nicer than putting a casserole in the slow oven in the morning and them coming home from a long walk in the afternoon and it is ready to eat.
I have to admit that, at the outset of Masterchef, it was a real hurdle getting used to cooking in a normal oven again. Everything I cook is done very slowly and it therefore came as a bit of a shock to have to cook two dishes within an hour!

2 comments:

Celia Hart said...

Hello Hannah
Slow cooking - that's my style too. A pot roast in the Le Creuset ready for our return from a long walk - heaven! So I'm in awe of your mastery of the quick-cook-restaurant-kitchen style. Well done again. Your white Aga's so cute!

all the best C

PS: we've now got a jar of quince brandy on the window sill going a beautiful shade of gold - can't wait for the first tasting.

William Leigh said...

hey han,

congrats on doing so well in the competition, and in the french restaurant. It was nice meeting you even for a short time.
I have put a link to your site on my blog, already got one to david's and one to ben's, maybe you could put one to mine? (If you like my food :P)

Take care, and be careful of that ginger wine
Will
xx