Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 12 March 2007





Another weekend...another cake! This was a victoria sandwich filled with clotted cream, fresh strawberries and strawberry jam. I use the same quantaties as the lemon drizzle cake below but omiting the lemon zest and lemon icing. For an extra treat melt some dark chocolate and spread over the two cake halves whilst the are cooling. Chocolate, cream and strawberries - is there any better combination?

2 comments:

Steve Wallis said...

Loving your blog so much. Your cooking is the embodiment of country chic. I think Vogue and Vanity Fair should devote pages and pages to your amazing food. Yum!
I can't wait for us to start cooking together!
In admiration,
Steven XX

Trig said...

Hannah - welcome to the world of food blogging. I started only a few months ago and it's been an amazing experience since, meeting others on the web who share my love of food.

I wanted to point you to some of the bloggers who I've met, in particular to the Food Blog School. This is run by one of the world's best known food bloggers, Sam Breach from Becks & Posh, and it's a group of several hundred food bloggers including myself who exchange information on everything from technical issues to photographic techiques, marketing and copyright.

Although Sam's site is not my personal favorite in terms of content, she is incredibly helpful and the members of the FBS group have so many links in their own sidebars to other food bloggers that you can easily find loads of sites that you will have an affinity with. Email her and I'm sure she'll respond positively.

I'm not really into desserts myself (although I'm qualified as a patissier), so I'd point you to David Lebovitz in Paris who links to stacks of people you'd probably like.

I don't know if MC is pre-recorded and you already know the result, so I can only assume not and wish you the best of luck. You obviously have a natural palate and a desire to experiment and that means everything to me as a trainee chef.

Cheers
Trig