Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Wednesday 2 January 2013


Well - so much for my New Year's Resolution of getting back to blogging - It is the 2nd Jan so I have already missed a day!  Better late than never though.  The end of last year was utterly frantic as I was writing a sequel to my gluten free book and also in the 2 weeks before Christmas I had 4 days of  photoshoot for my Aga book in my cottage - 60 photos done, 130 eggs used for baking over 2 weekends - it was utterly crazy!!!  It was an amazing (if slightly exhausting) experience and it is so nice to see glimpses of my cottage, pots and pans, shepherds hut etc in the background of the photos.  Mike Cooper the photographer was very patient and did a brilliant job with the pictures.  We were very brave and even managed photos of baked alaska without the ice cream melting!!!!  I was very proud.  My cat Muffy took great interest in all the excitement and was useful at prop selection - although after a while she lost interest and just went to sleep in the props!  The picture shows the chocolate peanut butter pie - with a peanut biscuit crust, snickers mousse layered with peanut sponge cake with whipped cream and peanuts on top!!!  Very rich and scarily somewhat addictive!!!
I wish you all a very Happy and Prosperous 2013 - fingers crossed this year will be a lovely one for us all and an improvement on 2012!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely to see you back again . Was beginning to give up hope . Susan
P.S.Happy New Year.

Moon Glow said...

Ewww I get ill seeing a cat on a table near food that someone plans on serving me dinner! Just awful!