Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Thursday 3 January 2013

 Between Christmas and New Year was my 39th birthday.  In order to celebrate not yet being 40 and to make up for the fact that my last two birthday have been fairly rubbish, I decided to throw a party for my family and a few friends.  As it turned out my entire family was able to make it, including my Brother Amy and Hunter who were visiting from America, my cousin Charlie from Australia who made a list minute trip to the UK and my friend Maren from Germany.  It was an international affair!!!!  Of course there was only one theme I could have for the party - Alice in Wonderland - and Jon the chef at the restaurant did an amazing job with his surprise menu.  It was delicious and completely quirky and  lunch lasted almost 6 hours!!!!!  I can't remember the last time I made myself a birthday cake but I did this year - topped with a sugar dormouse in a teapot that my Dad made for me, with mini cups filled with white chocolate melted with cocoa to look like tea.  The candles were toadstools and it looked very pretty when it was lit - such a shame to cut into it but it had to be done!  So here are a few photos from the afternoon and the menu for your perusal - my favourite course name "I'm Latte, for a very important Date" - chocolate coffee cake with dates, toffee sauce and milk ice cream - YUM YUM!



1 comment:

Snowy said...

Belated Happy Birthday, and the cake is wonderful. Great idea for a party theme.