Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 5 March 2012


I have a lovely afternoon on Saturday baking this cake for my friend Tena's birthday - it was such a pretty project to work on and my baking Mojo seems to have returned.  The cake itself was lemon drizzle with lemon curd and vanilla buttercream and it was sprayed pale turquoise with my airbrush kit -  I do love my new toy so much - I even sprayed small sugar flowers the same colour to match and covered the top of the cake with them.  The end result was quite pretty indeed (even if it does look a bit like a large wedding hat!)  Tena loved the cake and I didn't stay long enough to see it being cut (which would have been just too sad) - instead I went and took part in a 2 hour Zumbathon (I must be mad) to raise money for charity.  I think I might have been better off staying to eat cake as I am very stiff today!  Hope you all had a lovely weekend.


1 comment:

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

The cake is beautiful Hannah! Would love to have a piece.