Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 20 August 2010

Very excitingly I have been asked if I would like to do a cookery demonstration at the Prince of Wales' "Garden Party to Make a Difference". As you can imagine I had to think about this for all of 1 second before saying yes! So on 12th September I will be doing a cookery demonstration in the Gardens of Clarence House (so so exciting) - the event looks lovely with lots of live music, delicious foods plus the lovely gardens to visit (that don't often get opened to the public) and a central and very important theme of sustainability. The garden party is on between 9th and 18th September. Tickets are available from www.startgardenparty.co.uk - hope that one or two of you might like to go along and support a very worthy cause. Now, what to cook in a Prince's garden...decisions, decisions (and suggestions very welcome!)

4 comments:

Ocean Breezes and Country Sneezes said...

Is it a demonstration where you'll give samples? Could you have some part of it "pre-made" and then show a portion of the demo? How much time do you have for your demo? You should definitely have your cookbook on display! I'm thinking appetizers hmmm, maybe stuffed mushrooms or a sweet of some sort, maybe a cookie, do you have a table top convection oven? That would be very handy for your demo! In any event, good luck! I know you'll be wonderful and what ever you choose will be perfect!

Anonymous said...

Well done for being invited to do a demonstration. You have fans in high places. I hope the event goes well and that you have a wonderful time.
Aoife x

sadie said...

how fabulous! I'm sure whatever you choose to demonstrate will go down well.

Love the toadstall cookies! :O)

sadie said...

toadstool. Dear God, I am losing the plot today!