Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Friday 18 June 2010

Regular readers of my blog will already know Maren - my lovely friend from Hamburg. She has sent me this wonderful picture of her proudly displaying the salmon she cooked for a dinner party. I would like to say my dish at Waddesdon Manor was the inspiration and that I should take full credit, but sadly my only contribution was telling her to put some wine in the poaching stock. I think the fish looks so elegant with the green curls which are courgette spirals. Maren has a new machine for making these and I can't wait to give it a try when I go over in a few weeks time. Well done Maren for your impressive fish - I know your guests must have loved it! (p.s. I have kitchen gadget envy of Maren's Kitchenaid coffee machine in the background!!!)

2 comments:

sadie said...

scrummy!

Abby said...

I wana congratulate you for such a wonderful and excellent work keep it up though its awesome