Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Tuesday 16 March 2010

Carrot and Carriander Salsa


Sometimes a simple salad can be so refreshing. This is lovely served with grilled meat or fish.
Preparation time 10 minutes, serves 4 as a side salad
1 large carrot, grated
3 tomatoes
1 large bunch fresh corriander, finely chopped (about 3 heaped tbsp)
1 tbsp seasame seeds
For the dressing
2 tbsp olive oil
Juice of 1 large lemon
2 tbsp maple syrup
salt and pepper to season
Cut the tomatoes in half and scoop out all the seeds with a spoon (if you prefer you can keep the seeds but they make the salsa more watery) and finely chop the tomato flesh. Mix the carrot, chopped tomato, corriander and seasame seeds in a bowl gently so that everything is combined. Place all the dressing ingredients in a bowl and whisk to emulsify, then stir gently through the salsa and serve immediately.

2 comments:

The Curious Cat said...

I really like the sound of this salad - lots of flavours in there that I like! I think I will have to try this out sometime! xxx

Morwenna Hill said...

Mmm sounds delicious! xo