Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 12 May 2008

My brother and I are fairly different types of people as I have mentioned before but we do have one major common interest - cooking. My brother and his girlfriend Amy are currently in the throws of "Operation Nightbrace" to pay off a rather large debt - here they are with their debtometer - they are making really good progress and I am so proud of them. You can read about their progress on their blog (apologies for the swearing - as I said we are different!!!)

In an attempt to save money, Gareth is cooking lots (not something he has done much of in New York given how easy it is to eat out). Here’s is his quick recipe for Squash soup…

Fry an onion and a clove of chopped garlic
Stir in a teaspoon of cumin and chilli flakes
Chuck in a chopped carrot
Chuck in a box of frozen squash (it is cheaper than fresh)
Tip in 750ml of vegetable stock
Cook
Blend in a food mixer
Return to heat
Season
Serve with a drizzle of olive oil on top and a slice of toast

Good luck with the project guys - it is inspirational!

3 comments:

Elke said...

Hi Hannah, just had a look at your brother's blog. Wishing him all the best...and since I am living in Ireland, his swearing doesn't match the 'normal table talk' here....he is actually polite compared to us ;-)

Marie Rayner said...

Will pop over to take a gander at your brother's blog when I leave here and I'll cover my ears! lol

centerpost said...

Thanks for sharing great quality content.
Checkout best peo services in usa
peo hr solutions