Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Tuesday 24 July 2007

They say people are either cat people or dog people and I think that must be true. We are cat people in our house which means that we are bordering on "outcasts" in our village of dog owners! As our cat, muffy, is getting older (she is practically an OAP) she has taken to lounging just about everywhere in our house - gone are the days of agile hunting in the garden. She is now more likely to be found on top of my sewing basket, curled up next to the aga, on any clean washing she can find....yesterday I found her hiding behind my harp - she gave me quite a fright!

4 comments:

Celia Hart said...

She looks like a grand old lady and obviously knows she's got a cosy retirement home.

Our two "teenage" cats are still at the whizzy stage of life! It's exhausting to watch them at times.

Celia

Anonymous said...

What a lovely cat Hannah!! She is gorgeous.
I have a lovely little old lady too and a big (much younger) cat too. I couldn't live without cats, they are too lovely.

Erica

MAC said...

Hannah, I am so delighted to have found this blog, it is so beautiful. Great to hear how you are going post CC, and great to hear that you have caught up with Ben and David. I had cats in the days before I had a husband (now it's dogs), however fair noses and Australian sun don't agree. Despite skin cancers both lived until they were 17.

Anonymous said...

They do say that if you want the best seat in the house to look for the cat!!! I do so love orange cats and yours is beautiful We are dog people right now, but deep in my heart I'll always be a cat person! (sorry Jess)