Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 9 July 2012

Last week I met one of my top food heros - Galton Blackiston after a delicious dinner at Morston Hall - The menu - Canapes: Herb mousse with smoked salmon, tomato spheres with basil oil (served in the herb garden!) followed by warm summer vegetable salad (so simple but delicious) with chanterille cream and a poached yolk (poached at 62 degrees for 1 1/2 hours (I asked!!!)) delicious skate which had arrived off the boat 3 hours before, duck with peaches (delicious), rhubarb jelly and lemon grass pannecotte for dessert and then coffee and chocolates!  It was all so utterly yummy.  Galton came to say hello after the meal and I was literally speechless - luckily Maren was on hand to talk to him whilst I regained my composure.  All in all it was a truly magical night and hopefully I will get to go back again one day!

1 comment:

Snowy said...

Lucky you! The menu sounds delicious, and I'm a Galton Blackiston fan too.