Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Monday 13 June 2011

People often ask where my creative side comes from. It most definitely comes from my Mum and Dad - they were both art teachers and are hugely more artistic than I am. This is a picture that my Dad did at the weekend for an art exhibition - it is for a charity exhibition of tiny pictures in CD cases. Some famous people are taking part and also some less famous people like my Dad. This is his picture made with shredded bank notes (it is my Dad's favourite art medium - he gets them from the Bank of England - shame they have to be shredded first!) The picture is called 21st Centurary Banker and the portrait is of Fred Goodwin (aka Fred the Shred - for his leathal cost cutting - shredded bank notes - get it?) former CEO of RBS in the UK. Anyway, irrespective of your political views of banks, I hope you like my Dad's picture! Very proud of him xxx

3 comments:

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

Hello Hannah

What a lovely picture! Your dad did a wonderful job--does he sell on Etsy?

Take Care

Best
Tracy :)

Anonymous said...

Wonderfull . Hubby ex banker was very impressed !!!Susan

Vicki said...

Hi Hannah,

Hope you're keeping well. My partner just sent me this link:

http://tinyurl.com/34aq7vf

I thought of you straight away and I'm posting it just in case you haven't seen it already. It really made me giggle and I'm guessing that it's a "very you" kind of cake.