Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Thursday 9 December 2010

Some people collect shoes, my weakness is Christmas tree decorations - not quite sure that I have my priorities right! Having bought our decoration boxes down from the loft, I realise that I have enough to decorate at least three large trees. Sadly I am restricted to one so it is always difficult to pick my favourites. I know I really shouldn't buy any more but each decoration was bought somewhere special and reminds me of a holiday or a friend. Here are a few of my favourites - from Suffolk and Hamburg in case you want to know where they came from - see I honestly do remember each one! Tomorrow I am off to the Christmas Market in Hamburg (mulled wine and chestnuts here I come). Maren if you are reading this - please don't let me buy any more decorations!

6 comments:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) said...

I have collected ornaments since I was 15 and still add all the decorations my daughter made throughout elementary school.

sadie said...

lovely ornaments. Over the past two years or so, I've started to collect really pretty glass baubles, some with a vintage style, some not.

My recent aquisitions are from Berry Red, who have some of the most delicious decs.

http://www.berryred.co.uk/prod2.php?deptid=67&pg=6&pc=13&productid=2372

safe travels

sadie x

Tracy Golightly-Garcia said...

I collect Spanish ornaments from Hallmark. That reminds me--need to get the 2010 Ornament!

Best
Tracy :)

lucylastic said...

I am addicited to ornaments too Hannah - and have lots from when I lived in Germany! They all get an outing every year. happy Christmas to you and your family - I really love your blog.......

Rita said...

Lovely ornaments Hannah ... and like mine, I am sure each one of yours can tell a story!

Tanya Boracay said...

Hello Hannah,

How cute your stuff, its perfect for this coming christmas

Just like to share with you a funny quotes...

"California is a fine place to live - if you happen to be an orange." -- Fred Allen

You can get more funny quotes at http://quotelandia.com/category/funny