Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Wednesday 21 April 2010

By the looks of the large scale potato planting operation that my Mum and Mike did on Monday at their allotment, we are going to have a LOT of potatoes this year! They planted 84 rows with 60 potato plants in each row - enough potatoes to probably feed the whole village. I am not knocking it - I love free home grown food and everything that comes from their allotment is delicious - but I do think when you are using a tractor this size you can't really call it an allotment any more, more a small farm!!

2 comments:

Brownieville Girl said...

Just enjoy the fruits of their labours Hannah!!!!

sadie said...

I call that good sense! I used to have an allotment (complete with chickens, who constantly escaped and scoffed other people's greens!) and it's backbreaking work having to dig the wretched things over. So I think they are genius for using a tractor to help out! And yey to all the spuds. wonderful. :O)