Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Tuesday 5 January 2010

Well I am back from a lovely trip to New York (although sadly with a New York cold) - flying Delta airlines on Boxing Day after the incident on one of their planes on Christmas Day was perhaps not the most enjoyable of timings but we all got there and back safely. So...my brother and Amy got married and I managed to legally marry them! City Hall accepted my paperwork and I have a nice license with a gold seal on and a registration certificate and am now legally able to marry anyone in the State of New York for the rest of my days - open to invitations if you need someone to marry you! Anyway, enough with my Officiant qualifications and moving on to the wedding, far more importantly! I can safely say that there has probably never been, and will never again be, a wedding quite like it. Monkey Town in itself was a strange enough venue (scaffolding, murals, toilets that talked to you and 4 giant film screens) but it was Gareth and Amy's own touches that really stole the day - giant rock that you had to smash with a hammer wearing goggles, a table covered with sweets and cupcakes for everyone to decorate - their own personal "Freak Show" (the photo shows two of the stars of the show with Gareth and Amy) it was all very strange - two headed babies, merbabies and sword swallowing to name but a few highlights - although I felt the need to leave the room when Johny Vomit was performing...) snowball flights, a photographer's studio installed in the attic, film screening, a giant wedding quiz shown on the 4 film screens, pinatas in the shape of Gareth and Amy hanging from the roof, toasted marshmallows, coke float bar. As for the wedding breakfast - the food was delicious - wagu ribs, savoury truffle bread and butter pudding (sooo yummy) although I think even I drew the line at the curried creme brulee with saffron marshmallows! Amy looked stunning in her dress and they were both so happy that they cried all the way through the ceremony (I am sure this had nothing to do with my performance as officiant) Congratulations both of you - may your days be long and happy xxx

4 comments:

Sylvie said...

Good luck to Gareth and Amy! I miss their blog.

Mozart's Girl said...

Wow! What a wedding! I can imagine that you'll need a while to unwind in your quiet country cottage after that!
Sounds amazing and I wish them every happiness in the future - as I do you for the New Year xox Rachel

jomykje said...

That's lovely to read!

I wish them lots of happyness and love together!

Jorien

p.s. I miss their blog too...

Rita said...

Wow ... what an interesting wedding! Sounds like lots of fun and marshmallows!