Welcome

Reaching the final of Masterchef 2007 was a rollercoaster of emotion, with huge highs and lows, but I loved every minute and learnt a huge amount. I owe a great deal to John and Gregg who had faith in my ability when I did not believe in myself. Since competing on the programme my life has changed considerably. I now write cookery columns for two magazines, give cookery demonstrations and am just working on my 13th cook book - unlucky number for some but not for me!!! I love all forms of country cooking, using seasonal and locally sourced produce. This blog is to enable me to share with you a few of my recipes and baking ideas. Enjoy Hannah xxxx

Wednesday 8 July 2009

The weekend saw our village fete! As we are a fairly small village it was held jointly with two other adjoining villages. Perfect weather, lots of lovely stalls and a candy floss machine - yum yum! I was put in charge of manning the cake stall (what a surprise) with lovely Jane where we dutifully sold cupcakes, cakes, flapjacks and punnets of fresh redcurrants for two hours until everything was gone - allowing us to pack up our stall early - what a result! My new enormous cake stand made its first appearance and I thought it looked lovely adorned with pretty cupcakes! The cherry cupcakes were my favourite - with their fizzy cherry decorations - closely followed by the yellow bee cupcakes! We left exhausted but happy and had raised lots of money for a good cause.

PS - sorry for the lack of posts - my internet has decided not to work properly this week : o ( and just won't upload photos...

6 comments:

Teena Vallerine said...

oh lucky villagers! The cherries look good but I'd have snaffled the flying saucer cakes first! t.x

Rita said...

So cute! Yes, I've missed you. )

Lucy said...

Ohh what a lucky village to have you baking for it! The cupcakes with flying saucers on look the best to me, but they all look fantastic - I'm not surprised they sold so quickly :)

The Wandering Pit said...

All look lovely but my fav has to be the cherry cupcakes!

♥Rosie♥ said...

Those cakes are utterly gorgeous!! Fantastic piping work and the icing colours are so beautiful. I wish I had been queuing at your stall to buy some of your cake Hannah :0)

Tammy said...

your cupcakes look adorable! how lovely living in a small village where everyone knows each other!